Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2016

My First Crochet Project of 2016


Yes...my first crochet project of the New Year is a Christmas towel. ; ) I wanted to get this done earlier in December, but time got away from me. I recently bought a skip-cut blade and was eager to try it out by crocheting on the edge of a towel.
The blade fits in my Fiskars rotary cutter, too, which is awesome! (I purchased it at JoAnn Fabrics.) I tried the blade on a piece of scrap fabric and it cut very well.  Once I took a closer look at the towel, I decided I really didn't need the blade. The towel is, shall we say, a looser weave...I got it at the dollar store. So I could use just a regular size 7 hook and had no problem poking through the fabric. Once I got into a good rhythm, it was easy to space the stitches pretty evenly.


I think it turned out cute! I'm excited to do a few more tea towels or crochet an edging on some pretty pillow cases...I will probably use my new blade on denser fabric.
Thanks for checking in!

No comments: