Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2016

My First Crochet Project of 2016


Yes...my first crochet project of the New Year is a Christmas towel. ; ) I wanted to get this done earlier in December, but time got away from me. I recently bought a skip-cut blade and was eager to try it out by crocheting on the edge of a towel.
The blade fits in my Fiskars rotary cutter, too, which is awesome! (I purchased it at JoAnn Fabrics.) I tried the blade on a piece of scrap fabric and it cut very well.  Once I took a closer look at the towel, I decided I really didn't need the blade. The towel is, shall we say, a looser weave...I got it at the dollar store. So I could use just a regular size 7 hook and had no problem poking through the fabric. Once I got into a good rhythm, it was easy to space the stitches pretty evenly.


I think it turned out cute! I'm excited to do a few more tea towels or crochet an edging on some pretty pillow cases...I will probably use my new blade on denser fabric.
Thanks for checking in!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails