Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

My cape is complete!

I am so excited to share this completed cape with you today! I have not ventured into crochet clothing a whole lot...but am very pleased with the way this turned out.

I was inspired by this version on Betsy Makes.  You can also read about making here, on ByHaafner. It was so helpful to read those 2 blog posts before I started! I chose a dark purple/plum colored yarn. (I used I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby and a size I hook.) I started with a chain of 96 and then followed this chart.  I decided to do the collar in single crochet, back loop only. It measures 6" in width; I made it long enough to fit around the original chain of 96 at the top of the cape.

 I have to say, this was such an easy project! And it only took one skein of yarn!  I can see myself wearing this on the cool Fall days ahead. This is a great item to wear outside in MN...or even inside on cold winter's day.  I'm thinking about making another one...I love the white version on ByHaafner! I can see where a slightly thinner yarn would also be nice...this one is quite thick.  But, like I said, I'm totally pleased the results! Thanks for checking in and have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails