Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Jar crochet

Have you seen these pretty crocheted jar covers? There are several tutorials out there for them. I decided to give it a try.


I like the open/lacy/shell look.  I measured the distance around the jar and made a chain to match;  then did a shell pattern of dc, ch,  (4x for one shell). Pretty quick and easy!

In the winter, I love to bring lighting into the house...since it can be dark here by 4:45 in December. I use solar lights in a jar or bottle to give a little light in the windows....kind of like those battery candles people use at Christmas time. Love the look of that as I drive by and see those candles in a window! I put the solar "light bottle" in the window and at night, it gives a warm glow. These Starbucks ice coffee bottles fit well in my window. I made a pretty orange cover for this one.



Thanks for checking in and have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails